Klay Thompson has balled the Warriors with a 41-point explosion to win against the Pelicans. Thus, the DuBs have successfully defended the third place in the West. The Lakers finish their season with an OT thriller where Austin Reaves becomes a hero. Boston secures second place in the East.
- Memphis Grizzlies (56-26) – Boston Celtics (51-31) 110: 139
- New York Knicks (37-45) – Toronto Raptors (48-34) 105: 94
- Orlando Magic (22-60) – Miami Heat (53-29) 125: 111
Already on Sunday evening there were decisions in the race for the play-in placements in the Eastern Conference. Here is the results and the play reports of the early games!
Memphis Grizzlies (56-26) – Boston Celtics (51-31) 110: 139
- The Celtics apparently do not be afraid of the Brooklyn Nets. While the competition in the race spent two in the East on the last matchday of Regular Season the top stars largely confessed, Boston joined the usual starting Five. The brief process with the decimated Grizzlies, Boston finished the season as 2-SEED – and could meet the Nets or Cleveland Cavaliers, depending on the output of the play-in tournament.
- The second quarter already brought the preliminary decision, led by Jayson Tatum decided Boston this section with 40:24 for itself. The Celts arrived at halftime one almost 63 percent out of the field, sinked eleven threesome and sat down to 72:49 – most points that the Grizzlies have cashed in halftime this season.
- It was not exciting afterwards. Tatum ended the game with 31 points (12 in the second quarter) in Bärenstarken 11/14 from the field and 6/8 threes. The remaining starting Five also came to Double Digits, including Jaylen Brown (18) or Daniel Theis (11, 10 rebounds and 3 assists). Payton Pritchard also scored 12 points from the bank and then presented itself on attack: “We do not duck ourselves before no 1. We believe in us.”
- The Grizzlies were previously found as a secondary-placed Western Conference and therefore protected the stars. Santi Aldama snapped a Double-Double (20 and 10 rebounds) as a team-interner Topscorer, Valley Williams scored 18 points and John Konchar put the first triple-double of his career (17, 13 rebounds and 10 assists). De’anthony Melton failed with an application for the top 10 poster dunks of the season just scarce.
New York Knicks (37-45) – Toronto Raptors (48-34) 105: 94
- Reconcilient completion of a total disappointing season for the knicks, the fans in Madison Square Garden got on the last matchday of the regular season but again offered a show. First and foremost, OBI Toppin. The 24-year-old powdered his career high and set up 42 points (16/28 FG) as well as 10 rebounds. It was the first 40/10 game of a knick actor this season.
- Toppin showed a nice dunk show, other times he left it threesome (6/14). The B-team of the Raptors kept good for a long time, until the answers to the Big Man or Immanuel Quickley were missing in the fourth neighborhood. The duo led New York to an 18: 2 run, which brought the decision.
- Toppin scored 15 of his 42 points in the final portion, Quickley contributed a strong triple double to victory. The Guard collected 34 points (12/26 FG), 12 assists and 10 boards. On the opposite side, Chris Boucher from the Bank was the best scorer (21), Gary Trent Jr. came to 17 meters. Pascal Siakam or Fred Vanvleet, on the other hand, looked at first and are allowed to look forward to a round-round duel with the Philadelphia 76ers.
Orlando Magic (22-60) – Miami Heat (53-29) 125: 111
- For the last season game, the Magic has removed the setting of a franchise record. Orlando pounded the Florida Rivals 23 threesome around the ears, otherwise there was only once in 2009. This three-star castle ultimately helped the cream evening of Victor Oladipo.
- After a long injury break, the Guard had so far completed seven games in the season and achieved a total of 59 points – now he sat on the Magic 40 meters on top of it! Oladipo showed according to espn stats & info with addition 10 rebounds (and 7 assists) to the first Heatle with a 40/10 game since Dwyane Wade in 2011!
- In the first quarter, Oladipo delivered a small scoring duel with Moritz Wagner, which alone was in the first section 10 meters. In the further gameplay, 4 more points were added, including a seeing reverse slam with which the German Ömer Yurtseven brought to the poster. In addition, Wagner shone with 11 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 steals at 2 Turnover and 5/11 from the field (2/7 threesome) in almost 30 minutes. Franz Wagner sat out again.
- A decisive share of victory also had Chuma Okeke (17, 5/12 threesome), which sank several triples towards the end of the third quarter. This used Orlando to settle in two digits, this leadership did not give the Magic no longer produced. MARKELLE FUTZ convinced with 10 points and 15 assists, Magic Topscorer were Mo Bamba and R.j. Hampton with 21 meters each. The Heat said, among other things, Jimmy Butler a break, Bam Adebayo had to go to the Health and Safety Protocol. Instead, the 41-year-old Heat legend was Udonis Haslem 20 minutes on the Court (2 points, 6 rebounds, -23).
Articles and videos about the topic
* Kyrie makes Brooklyn cheer, Career-High for KD! Nets secure home right in play-in
* Experience the NBA live on Dazn. Register now! Can be terminated at any time monthly.